We’re so glad that you have decided to join the Guest Service Ministry of Agape House NTC. Your involvement here will have a positive impact on helping us fulfill our purpose. In this handbook you will find out how you can become a member of the team, what it will entail and much more. The Guest Service Ministry of Agape House consists of our Visitor Hosts, and Welcome Centre Attendants.
At Agape House we value people. Jesus paid the highest price possible to redeem man. God is no respecter of persons; therefore, at Agape House NTC we treat everyone as a special treasure of the Lord. We are committed to treating everyone with the love and respect of someone for who Christ died. John 3v16
The church’s Guest Service Ministry exists to make sure that every guest is given the individual attention needed to make them feel as important to us as they are to Christ.
Our Mission Statement
Encouraging continued participation in love, until our guests become fully maturing followers of Jesus, by treating our guests like the VIP’s they are.
What is the Guest Service Ministry?
The guest service ministry is made up of a team of dedicated volunteers committed to making sure that every guest of Agape House NTC is made to feel welcomed and important.
We believe that every week, God entreats us with new guests. They may come feeling nervous, apprehensive or uncomfortable. We make it our job to make sure they leave feeling loved.
- Visitor Hosts
Help people find seats at the at the first and second time visitor meetings.
Interact with first and second time visitors.
Distribute information and materials.
Assist main speaker.
Act as table host.Duty times:-
- First Service 10am-10.30am
- Second Service 12.30pm-1pm
- Saturday Service 7.45pm-8.15pm
- Welcome Centre Attendants
Assist at our one-stop Welcome Centre were people come to have their practical questions about church life answered.
Help people register for classes, seminars and other activities.
Facilitate the collection of certificates, letters, ID cards etcDuty times:-
- First Service 9.45am-10.30am
- Second Service 12.15-1pm
- Saturday Service 7.45pm-8.15pm
Requirements for Membership
To become a member of the Guest Service Ministry you must:
- Make a commitment to the vision and values of Agape House New Testament Church by becoming a member of the church. To be a member of Agape House you must:-
- Have received the Lord Jesus as your Savior and be born again. John 3:3,16
- Be Baptized in Water. Galatians 3:26-28
- Attend Class 101 (Our church membership class)
- Sign the Membership Agreement.
- For further information about church membership please contact us at the church office on 0302 544355 or come to the welcome centre after any service.
- Complete a Guest Service Ministry Application Form.
- Complete training sessions as advised by head of department.
General Conduct / Church Standards
Any person filling or seeking to fill any position which represents the church on a regular basis must meet certain standards of behavior and exemplar living for the sake of Christ and His body.
Standards of conduct for every minister of Agape House:
- A member in good standing of Agape House New Testament Church and in agreement with the Statement of Faith and Practices (Section IV CLASS 101) of the Agape House New Testament Church. (Titus 1:9)
- A mature consistent Christian who is seeking a closer walk with God and a greater work of the Holy Spirit in his/her life and the life of the church. (1 Timothy 3:6; Ephesians 5:18 )
- Faithful to attend all regular practices and church services when possible. (Hebrews 10:25)
- Faithful in regular giving to the church. (Proverbs 3:9; Malachi 3:10; 2 Corinthians 9:7)
- Faithful in marriage to his/her spouse. (Genesis 2:24; Mark 10:9; 1 Timothy 3:12)
- Because of the sanctity of marriage and the testimony that is needed in a time when God’s plan for the permanence of the marriage relationship is being threatened, not currently or recently involved in a marriage separation or divorce unless on biblical grounds or unless the separation or divorce was not the desire and not at the initiation of the position holder. (Matt. 5:31,32; Mark 10:2-9)
- Not involved in acts of, or holding as acceptable, adultery, fornication, homosexuality or other improper sexual behaviors as defined by the Bible. (Exodus 20:14; 1 Corinthians 6:9; 1Thessalonians. 4:3-5, 7, 8)
- Refraining from the use of alcoholic beverages, tobacco or illicit drugs (for the sake of our bodies the temple of God and of our good witness). (1 Corinthians 6:19, 20; Romans 14:21)
- Refraining from the use of vulgar or profane language. (Colossians 3:8)
- Loving, kind, gracious, forgiving, cooperative, hospitable – not being contentious or having a spirit of murmuring, complaining, or criticism and not given to anger. (Romans 12:10; Ephesians 4:31,32; Philippians 2:14; Colossians 3:12-15; Titus 1:8; 3:2)
- Given to seeking unity and oneness in the body of Christ by the Spirit of our Lord. (Ephesians 4:3; 1 Corinthians 1:10; I Peter 3:8)
- One who believes in the leadership of the Holy Spirit for God’s church and who will support and work cooperatively with the Senior Pastor, the other church leaders, and the leadership of their Department in the seeking of God’s will for His work and ministry for the Agape House New Testament Church. (Proverbs 3:5,6; Isaiah. 48:17; John 16:13; Acts 13:2; Romans 8:14; Philippians 1:27; Colossians 1:18).
Responsibilities of a Member
- You will be expected to attend all team meetings as scheduled by the team coordinator.
- Attend Leaders in God’s House Training meetings twice yearly.
- Attend worship service weekly.
- Seek to grow spiritually by attending the three other Christian Leadership and Service Seminars offered by Agape House (C.L.A.S.S 201, 301 & 401).
- Become part of our discipleship group.
- Stay up to date with church activities and developments.
- Be punctual and reliable when scheduled for duty.
- When on duty turn off mobile phone to avoid distraction.
- Sign-in and sign-out when on duty.
- Wear name badge provided when on duty.
- Support coordinator and leader of the Ministry following direction, offering ideas and contributing to continued improvement in the ministry.
- Inform the coordinator immediately should any of your personal details/ contact numbers change.
- All members will need to purchase the department uniform as directed and agreed by the group.
- When uniform is not worn, all members are to maintain clean and decent appearance.
- Members are asked to inform the coordinator giving as much notice as possible should you need to terminate your membership of the ministry.
When on duty please observe the following guidelines:-
- No fitted or tight fitting shirts or trousers
- No skinny jeans
- See-through clothing is not allowed
- No low-cut tops for females
- Hair neat and smart
- Skirt and dress lengths must be on or below the knee.
Qualities of a Member
Listed below are some of the qualities, gifts and characters that are useful as a member of the Guest Service Ministry:-
- Enjoy and care about people
- Possess a servant heart
- Social (Enjoy meeting new people)
- Attentive to the needs of others
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Gift of hospitality
- Passion for people
- Public Relations Ability
- Welcoming Ability
- Not easily Angered or offended
- Recall Ability
- Complete the application form enclosed in this handbook.
- Submit the form at the church office or at the Welcome Centre.
- You will be contacted by the coordinator of the department within a week of us receiving the application.
- The coordinator will arrange an appointment to meet with you and arrange for you to begin training.
We look forward to welcoming you as a member of the Guest Service Ministry!