We’re so glad that you have chosen to join the Support Ministry of Agape House! Your involvement here will have a positive impact on helping us fulfill our purpose.
Agape House New Testament Church is a family of disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ. We are a community of people who live in joyful communion with Christ resulting in His character, compassion, and charisma (giftings) growing in us as we seek to win others to Him.
Therefore, the Support Ministry seeks to fulfill the values of the church by creating and preparing a place of meeting that will allow the church to function and grow.
Our Mission Statement
Providing support services that enable the mission of the church to be accomplished.
What is the Support Ministry?
The Support Ministry consists of the Technical Team and the Cleaning & Set-up Team. Both these departments provide integral support services that enable the mission of the church to be accomplished.
The Set-up & Cleaning team ensures that all services are held in well-maintained and organized facilities they help create an atmosphere of order, welcome, and peace conducive for worship. As we help make services possible in the physical realm, we also prepare for God to do a mighty work in the spiritual realm.
The Technical Team offers support during all services and functions by reinforcing the churches mission and message through anything and everything that requires the support of lighting, audio, video, graphics, or any other form of technical or stage support. This is done in a manner that is pleasing to God, and will provide for a better reception and understanding by all those who are touched by the ministry.
Setup and Cleaning Department
- Setting Up for Service in the main auditorium, fellowship hall and resource centre
- Packing up after service
- Arranging Stage
- Arranging Booths
- Arranging chairs
- Making sure the required furniture is present for any function or service
- Running our Powerpoint system
- Assist with lighting operation for services, concerts and special functions
- Assisting with video operation
- Assist with CD duplication
- Assist with sound system operation
- Assist with communication
- Maintenance of equipment
Requirements for Membership
To become a member of the Setup & Cleaning department you must:-
- Be a member of Agape House New Testament Church or in the process of membership.
- Attend an informal interview with section coordinator.
To become a member of the Technical Department you must:-
- Be a member of the Agape House New Testament Church.
- Complete and submit a Support Ministries Application Form.
- Attend an interview with the department coordinator.
- Complete 3 months training. (During the training period operation of the equipment will only be allowed under supervision of a trained member of staff).
General Conduct / Church Standards
Any person filling or seeking to fill any position which represents the church on a regular basis must meet certain standards of behavior and exemplar living for the sake of Christ and His body.
The person must be:
- A member in good standing of Agape House New Testament Church and in agreement with the Statement of Faith and Practices (Section IV CLASS 101) of the Agape House New Testament Church. (Titus 1:9)
- A mature consistent Christian who is seeking a closer walk with God and a greater work of the Holy Spirit in his/her life and the life of the church. (1 Timothy 3:6; Ephesians 5:18 )
- Faithful to regularly attend church services. (Hebrews 10:25)
- Faithful in regular giving to the church. (Proverbs 3:9; Malachi 3:10; 2 Corinthians 9:7)
- Faithful in marriage to his/her spouse. (Genesis 2:24; Mark 10:9; 1 Timothy 3:12)
- Because of the sanctity of marriage and the testimony that is needed in a time when God’s plan for the permanence of the marriage relationship is being threatened, not currently or recently involved in a marriage separation or divorce unless on biblical grounds or unless the separation or divorce was not the desire and not at the initiation of the position holder. (Matt. 5:31,32; Mark 10:2-9)
- Not involved in acts of, or holding as acceptable, adultery, fornication, homosexuality or other improper sexual behaviors as defined by the Bible. (Exodus 20:14; 1 Corinthians 6:9; 1Thessalonians. 4:3-5, 7, 8)
- Refraining from the use of alcoholic beverages, tobacco or illicit drugs (for the sake of our bodies the temple of God and of our good witness). (1 Corinthians 6:19, 20; Romans 14:21)
- Refraining from the use of vulgar or profane language. (Colossians 3:8)
- Loving, kind, gracious, forgiving, cooperative, hospitable – not being contentious or having a spirit of murmuring, complaining, or criticism and not given to anger. (Romans 12:10; Ephesians 4:31,32; Philippians 2:14; Colossians 3:12-15; Titus 1:8; 3:2)
- Given to seeking unity and oneness in the body of Christ by the Spirit of our Lord. (Ephesians 4:3; 1 Corinthians 1:10; I Peter 3:8)
- One who believes in the leadership of the Holy Spirit for God’s church and who will support and work cooperatively with the Senior Pastor, the other church leaders, and the leadership of the Setup Ministry in the seeking of God’s will for His work and ministry for the Agape House New Testament Church. (Proverbs 3:5,6; Isaiah. 48:17; John 16:13; Acts 13:2; Romans 8:14; Philippians 1;27; Colossians 1:18)
Responsibilities of a Member
Members of the Support Ministries are expected to:-
- Commit to help in at least one service every week. This may be a mid-week service or a weekend service.
- Inform the ministry leader if they are unexpectedly prevented from fulfilling their ministry commitment.
- Wear a Set-up tag if unpacking the storage room but only under approval of the set-up coordinator.
- Wear identification badge at all times when on duty.
- Sign-in on arrival and sign-out at the end of their service time.
- Actively seek to complete all four Christian Leadership & Service Seminars.
- Be punctual and reliable when scheduled for duty.
- Support coordinator and leader of the ministry following direction, offering ideas and contributing to the continued improvement of the ministry.
- Encourage and support one another and those whom we support technically.
- Be professional in their craft, in the execution of our skills, and their relationships with others.
- Seek to help build the team, and eliminate any word or action that is not constructive to the team.
When on duty please observe the following guidelines:-
- No fitted or tight fitting shirts or trousers
- No skinny jeans
- See-through clothing is not allowed
- No low-cut tops for females
- Hair neat and smart
- Skirt and dress lengths must be on or below the knee.
Qualities of a Member
- Strong Physically
- Eye for Detail
- Good at cleaning
- Good with equipment
- Complete the application form enclosed in this handbook.
- Submit the application at the church office or at the Welcome Centre after service.
- You will be contacted by the coordinator of the department within a week of us receiving the application.
- The coordinator will arrange an appointment to meet with you.
We look forward to welcoming you as a member of the Support Service Ministry!